Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Health, Wellness and Technology

So, in checking out this weeks post I was impressed with the variety of uses for technology in the more obscure areas of human life. It remarkable what we are doing with portable devices that we wouldn't have imagined possible even a couple of years ago.
Despite the variety of uses, there was little listed that would be of use to me in my active life. I prefer swimming or rowing to jogging, running, or pilates. However, in my own exploration I have found several uses for technology that enrich my experience. By using Google Earth, or Google Maps I can scout out new areas to explore with my kayak. By using my phone I can gain access to the Internet and look up new and interesting animals or plants that I come across in my explorations. By using my phone in conjunction with special apps and blogging websites, I can take photos, and write short articles which can be posted immediately from wherever I may be.
This access to information, and opportunity to contribute my experiences online can help me enjoy an experiece as much as it may distract me from the world immediatly around me.

The meal that I graphed with the Nutrition Data website was a Chipotle Vegetarian Burrito which mappedout almost right in the middle of everything. square in the middle of the Nurtitional Target graph, and slightly more towards the carbs end of the Caloric Ratio graph.